State Park is looking for an eager server to bring onto the team. They are looking specifically for someone who can work on Saturday and Sunday mornings for brunch service. Brunches are State Park are busy, exciting and rewarding services to work.
Weekend availability required.
Skills and requirements:
- A willingness to learn and get your hands dirty
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- Ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- A strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow
- Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
- Warm, compassionate, and team-focused
- A basic understanding of cooking, wine, beer, spirits, and cocktails
- Previous on-the-job experience in a Front of House or Back of House role
- Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
- Restaurant experience in a high volume environment
State Park is the lively neighborhood spot every city needs. Located in Kendall Square in Cambridge, they are sometimes a restaurant and sometimes a bar. They host office parties on some nights and live bands on others. In a space decorated with neon signs, taxidermy and unique art, they serve lunch and dinner to a great regular crowd during the week and a hopping brunch on the weekends. They’ve got a few dining rooms all with their own vibe, a pool table, and a patio that is loved by all, even dogs! The extensive bar program includes cocktails made with craft spirits, pitchers of beer and magnums of wine. Offering delicious American fare – even in a casual environment – they always have high standards for food, drink, service, and amusements.
Check them out on instagram @stateparkbar
- A matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with them for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate
- A 50% discount at all the restaurants the moment you start!
- Discount parking (and coming soon, transit passes)
- Discounts toward gym membership
- Perks at Work is an exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email.
- Community volunteer opportunities and Charitable donations
- A sustainably minded, positive work environment
- A company to learn from and grow within
- Role models within the company
- Experience working within a multi-location restaurant group
- Tip pooling and bi-weekly pay; No cash tipouts
Available for motivated employees who take initiative and exhibit leadership qualities, as well as a willingness to grow and learn. As this is a growing company, there are many varied opportunities for promotion.
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Commitment: Six month commitment
Education: High school or comparable
The duties of this position may change from time to time. State Park reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of State Park or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Founded in 2008, in Cambridge, Mass., the Big Dipper Hospitality Group has created some of the area’s most beloved dining spots, such as State Park, Mamaleh’s, and Café Du Pays. They are a family-run, independent, award-winning restaurant group, passionate about hospitality and integrity. They are committed to creating healthy work experiences and opportunities for advancement in the field. The ownership and management team work hard alongside the staff daily and have enacted a food revenue sharing program amongst the kitchen team.
Big Dipper (State Park, Mamaleh’s, Café du Pays) is an equal opportunity employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, lawful tobacco use while off-duty, or any other characteristic protected by law.