State Park is Hiring a Bar Back
Come join their stellar bartending team and State Park.
Ideally, You Possess:
- A willingness to learn and get your hands dirty
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure; Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- A strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow; Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
- Warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- A basic understanding of cooking, wine, beer, spirits, and cocktails
- A six month commitment
- Previous on-the-job experience in a Front of House or Back of House role; Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
- Restaurant experience in a high volume environment
- Communicate respectfully and clearly with guests, service team, and management
- Support team members in the completion of their duties to ensure satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after service
- Maintain cleanliness and organization around the bar
- Additional service and/or operational tasks as determined by manager
- Assist teammates to anticipate all other FOH needs
- Provide knowledgeable, friendly and attentive, efficient, friendly, energetic, and thoughtful service at all times.
- Support service team with ongoing bar, table, and floor maintenance, including, but not limited to: water service, clearing, cleaning, and resetting.
- Respond appropriately to any guest requests or issues by communicating effectively with the proper server or management.
- Assist in the cleaning and polishing of all tableware.
- Receive instruction from multiple sources and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Have ability to recite basic menu knowledge and run food to tables if needed.
- Stocking, organizing and preparing service related items.
- Be knowledgeable of the restaurant and its history.
- Greet all guests entering the restaurant and thank all guests leaving the restaurant
- Adhere to grooming and dress code standards.
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
This position requires late nights (3/4am).
Weekend availability a must.
Benefits available to you include:
- A Matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with them for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate.
- State Park offers a co-pay health insurance policy to all full-time employees, After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on your 90th day of employment.
- A 50% discount at all their restaurants the moment you start!
- Discount parking (and coming soon, transit passes)
- Discounts toward gym memberships
- Perks at Work is an exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email.
- Community volunteer opportunities available
- Tip pooling and bi-weekly pay; No cash tipouts
This position is a great stepping stone for careers in many industries! Experience in a public facing role that is fast paced and requires great attention to detail is valuable on any resumé.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. State Park reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of State Park or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
EEO Statement: Big Dipper (State Park, Mamaleh’s, Café du Pays) is an equal opportunity employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, lawful tobacco use while off-duty, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founded in 2008, in Cambridge, Mass., the Big Dipper Hospitality Group has created some of the area’s most beloved dining spots, such as State Park, Mamaleh’s, and Café Du Pays. They are a family-run, independent, award-winning restaurant group, passionate about hospitality and integrity. They are committed to creating healthy work experiences and opportunities for advancement in the field. The ownership and management team work hard alongside their staff daily and have enacted a food revenue sharing program amongst their kitchen team. Check them out on instagram @stateparkbar