State Park is sometimes a restaurant and sometimes a bar. They host office parties on some nights and live bands on others. They serve lunch to a great regular crowd during the week and a hopping brunch on the weekends. They’ve got a few dining rooms all with their own vibe, and a patio that is loved by all, even dogs! They have an extensive bar program and offer delicious American fare in a casual environment, always with high standards for food, drink, and service. They have a pool table, neon signs, pitchers of beer, taxidermy, craft spirits, live music, and magnums of wine.
The position demands a great attitude, speed, efficiency, organization and ability to multi-task. Ideal candidates possess much common sense, and a good sense of humor. Candidate should be able to lift 50 pounds. Late nights a must!
Applicants without the preferred amount of experience may be considered for other front of house positions within the restaurant or at their sister establishment, Mamaleh’s Delicatessen.
This position is a great stepping stone for careers in many industries! Experience in a public facing role that is fast paced and requires great attention to detail is valuable on any resumé.
Ideally, You Possess:
- A willingness to learn and get your hands dirty
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure; Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- A strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow; Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
- Warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- A basic understanding of cooking, wine, beer, spirits, and cocktails
- A six month commitment
- Previous on-the-job experience in a Front of House or Back of House role; Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
- Restaurant experience in a high volume environment
- Communicate respectfully and clearly with guests, service team, and management
- Support team members in the completion of their duties to ensure satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after service
- Engage management for any guest issue or complaint
- Maintain cleanliness and organization around the server stations
- Additional service and/or operational tasks as determined by manager
- Assist teammates to anticipate all other FOH needs
- Provide knowledgeable, friendly and attentive, efficient, friendly, energetic, and thoughtful service at all times.
- Support service team with ongoing table and floor maintenance, including, but not limited to: water service, clearing and cleaning tables and resetting tables with proper tableware.
- Respond appropriately to any guest requests or issues by communicating effectively with the proper server or management.
- Assist in the cleaning and polishing of all tableware.
- Receive instruction from multiple sources and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Have ability to recite basic menu knowledge and run food to tables if needed.
- Stocking, organizing and preparing service related items.
- Be knowledgeable of the restaurant and its history.
- Greet all guests entering the restaurant and thank all guests leaving the restaurant
- Adhere to grooming and dress code standards.
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Benefits available to you include:
- A Matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with them for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate.
- State Park offers a co-pay health insurance policy to all full-time employees, After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on your 90th day of employment.
- A 50% discount at all their restaurants the moment you start!
- Discount parking (and coming soon, transit passes)
- Discounts toward gym memberships
- Perks at Work is an exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email.
- Community volunteer opportunities available
- Tip pooling and bi-weekly pay; No cash tipouts
Founded in 2008, in Cambridge, Mass., the Big Dipper Hospitality Group has created some of the area’s most beloved dining spots, such as State Park, Mamaleh’s, and Café Du Pays. They are a family-run, independent, award-winning restaurant group, passionate about hospitality and integrity. They are committed to creating healthy work experiences and opportunities for advancement in the field. The ownership and management team work hard alongside their staff daily and have enacted a food revenue sharing program among their kitchen team. Check them out on instagram @stateparkbar