State Park is looking for Back Server
This position is a great stepping stone for careers in many industries! Experience in a public facing role that is fast paced and requires great attention to detail is valuable on any resumé.
Ideally, You Possess:
- A willingness to learn and get your hands dirty
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure; Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- A strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow; Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
- Warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- A basic understanding of cooking, wine, beer, spirits, and cocktails
- A six month commitment
- Previous on-the-job experience in a Front of House or Back of House role; Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
- Restaurant experience in a high volume environment
- Communicate respectfully and clearly with guests, service team, and management
- Support team members in the completion of their duties to ensure satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after service
- Engage management for any guest issue or complaint
- Maintain cleanliness and organization around the server stations
- Additional service and/or operational tasks as determined by manager
- Assist teammates to anticipate all other FOH needs
- Provide knowledgeable, friendly and attentive, efficient, friendly, energetic, and thoughtful service at all times.
- Support service team with ongoing table and floor maintenance, including, but not limited to: water service, clearing and cleaning tables and resetting tables with proper tableware.
- Respond appropriately to any guest requests or issues by communicating effectively with the proper server or management.
- Assist in the cleaning and polishing of all tableware.
- Receive instruction from multiple sources and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Have ability to recite basic menu knowledge and run food to tables if needed.
- Stocking, organizing and preparing service related items.
- Be knowledgeable of the restaurant and its history.
- Greet all guests entering the restaurant and thank all guests leaving the restaurant
- Adhere to grooming and dress code standards.
Benefits available to you include:
- A Matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with us for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate.
- State Park offers a co-pay health insurance policy to all full-time employees, After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on your 90th day of employment.
- A 50% discount at all their restaurants the moment you start!
- Discount parking (and coming soon, transit passes)
- Discounts toward gym memberships
- Perks at Work is an exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email.
- Community volunteer opportunities available
- Tip pooling and bi-weekly pay; No cash tipouts