State Park is hiring an AGM!
State Park is a “restaurant disguised as a bar”, that’s been shaking drinks and playing tunes for the people of Cambridge since 2013. We provide skilled, focused hospitality while keeping the vibe and selections pretty laid back and accessible for whomever decides to come hang. At State Park you’ve always got a good chance of running into a drink or band that you haven’t had the chance to enjoy yet, and you’ll get to make a new friend while you’re at it.
Our menu is stacked with playful twists on bar classics and nods to the history of the neighborhood watering hole, complete with a pool table and pinball machines. On the employee side, we have things like secure scheduling, 20% fair wage surcharge on every check, and a pretty sweet button that says ‘I Work Here’ on it.
As a State Park AGM, you’ll be a cornerstone in the daily operations of State Park. Providing efficient, caring, and friendly hospitality is what we are all about, and it is up to the management team to lead by example in their treatment of both guests and staff. As a member of the FOH team, your main duties will be to:
- Create memorable experiences for our guests while ensuring that service is prompt and professional
- Support the entire team
- Handle complaints in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure that licensing laws, health and safety legislation is adhered to
Joining Vincent’s and the three Mamaleh’s locations under the banner of Big Dipper Hospitality Group, State Park is able to provide more traditional career infrastructure than many neighborhood bars. Our HR department is extremely helpful when it comes to walking staff members through the benefits associated with working at BDHG such as, parking, discounted gym membership, Matched Simple IRA, and health insurance (for full time employees).
Benefits available to you include:
- Ten Days of Paid Vacation
- Life/Accidental Death & Disability (AD&D) Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance: 100% company sponsored
- Health, Dental, and Voluntary Benefits Package available after 90 days for full time employees (25+ hrs/wk)
- Simple IRA + up to 3% Company Match: Invest in your retirement while lowering your taxable income
- Dining Programs: Enjoy up to a 50% discount at all restaurant locations, + Perks at Work: An employee discount program for services and products.
- Discounted Gym Membership: Located on the One Kendall Square campus
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Career Mentorship and Growth Potential
About Big Dipper Hospitality Group
We are committed to providing the best possible work environment and exemplary work practices for our employees. Daily, we work to nurture an inclusive workplace where all staff feel included, respected, and valued. We offer competitive wages as well as a meaningful benefits package, and we continue to make strides towards evolving our business practices to address some of the intrinsic injustices in the tipped model of the hospitality industry.
BDHG Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $63,000.00 per year
Experience level: 1 year
- Casual dining restaurant
Shift: Night shift
Experience: Restaurant management: 1 year (Required)
Shift availability: Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: In person