Speakeasy Hospitality Group is a full-service restaurant management company. They partner with local chefs and professionals who have a passion for the food and beverage industry. Their mission is to provide all the financial, operational and managerial tools necessary to build a successful restaurant, allowing their partners to focus on what’s important: Food, beverage and service.
Title: Office Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This is a part time position to support office operations and accounting teams with bookkeeping, payroll, financial reporting and other administrative duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and complete various office tasks including file storage and organization
- Sort and send mail as necessary
- Answer phone calls and direct callers to appropriate staff as needed
- Track current inventory of office supplies and order more as requested or as necessary
- Assist others in the office with range of tasks to ensure office operations run efficiently
- Write and respond to emails in courteous and professional manner
- Assist with payroll data entry
- Help Accounts Payable staff by organizing, reviewing, and approving invoices
- Assist with light bookkeeping tasks such as data entry and review
- Complete journal entries
- Learn about General Ledger
- Download financial reports to assist with audits
- Communicate with vendors as necessary
- Assist Bookkeeping, A/P, and A/R departments with other tasks as needed
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- Additional college credits or degree related to finance and/or accounting desirable
- Previous knowledge of general accounting practice preferred
- Experience with Intuit QuickBooks (QB) and Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
The physical demands here are representative of those met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read and understand financial statements and documents.
Ability to define problems, perform independent analysis, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in a mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Able to communicate effectively over the phone in a courteous and professional manner.
The above job description may be amended at any time by management.
Speakeasy Hospitality Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. They are committed to creating a diverse and equitable work environment free from discrimination and harassment for our employees.