Southern Proper is open, busy, and expanding its hours of operation; but to do so they need an exceptional front of house manager; somebody memorable, unflappable, energetic, creative, kind and smart. (And probably too modest to describe themselves quite this way!) Well-qualified candidates will have:
A Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years’ professional experience, with at least one year in hospitality, food & beverage, retail, or similar customer service-focused role.
- Strong computer skills (frontend web and Adobe InDesign experience a plus) and general familiarity with restaurant POS systems.
They will hopefully also:
- Love restaurants and bars and eating and drinking out; know what’s going on in food & beverage locally, regionally, and nationally; know their wines and beers and spirits; know about food and cooking; know there’s always more to know; and be able to talk about all this stuff intelligently and colloquially without ever sounding pedantic or condescending or putting anybody to sleep.
- Pride themselves on their organizational skills.
- Demonstrate scary attention to detail.
- Know how to be a person of authority in the workplace, earn and keep employees’ trust and respect, and how to choose their battles wisely.
- Make their coworkers smile and laugh. Customers, too. But never in an uncomfortable or pitying way.
- Rep Southern Proper well in the neighborhood and wherever else they go, fostering goodwill and lasting, friendly, productive relationships with our neighbors, vendors, industry colleagues, and guests.
Southern Proper offers very competitive compensation including health and retirement benefits; a supportive, respectful, and stimulating work environment; room for advancement and professional growth; and a culture that respects and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
Please send a current resume and brief but impactful cover letter to the email address below!