South End Buttery, named one of the top 7 bakeries by Boston Common Magazine, is seeking a full-time production baker to join their talented pastry team! They are an independently owned, high volume business with two cafes/retail markets, a full-service restaurant and bar, bakery, and a growing catering demand.
- 1-3 years prior baking experience preferred
- Culinary degree preferred not required
- Have diverse working experience including but not limited to: baking cakes, buttercream decorating, piping skills and particularly be able to make in house scratch production such as seasonal tarts, pastry creams, cookies, muffins, scones, petit gateaux, entremets, madeleines, and biscuits.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must have a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Able to work long periods of time while standing
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Be organized, tidy, and work cleanly.
- Flexibility in scheduling including but not limited to some 4am starts, weekends, and holidays.
South End Buttery offers a great opportunity for a passionate baker looking to learn and grow in a professional/creative working environment. Additionally, they offer competitive pay and eligibility for health and dental insurance after 90 days.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.