Over the past 15 years, The South End Buttery has grown from one café to a small group of diverse outlets, all committed to providing the community with a welcoming and reliable experience – akin to enjoying a home cooked meal. The offerings range from freshly baked, high-quality pastries and expert coffee to elevated American fare featuring local and seasonal ingredients. Guests can enjoy these in a café or restaurant setting, to take away from the market, or as part of a catered meal.
The restaurant is a quaint two-level space with rustic brick, a working fireplace, full bar, and cozy ambiance. The food is seasonal and contemporary, approachable classics with European influences. The Shawmut café space is THE place to be for a quick scone a busy weekday morning or a leisurely weekend catch up with friends. The menu
features a broad range of scratch-made sweet and savory baked treats, fresh salads, creative sandwiches, and a full hot and cold espresso and tea program.
As SEB continues to develop as a restaurant group, they are seeking talented and enthusiastic key candidates to round out their team. As such, they are looking to bring on a F&B Manager to manage and direct daily operations of both the restaurant and Shawmut cafe. This is the perfect role for someone looking to help elevate the guest experience, train and develop the FOH team, drive systems adoption, and deliver financial results. The position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operational and financial activities to support the Director of Operations and ensure that guests are
satisfied with every dining experience.
The right person for this role would embody the following characteristics and skills:
- Dedication to developing a culture that fosters hospitality, initiative, and employee development
- The ability to motivate and coach a diverse staff of bartenders, servers, hosts, and bussers
- A strong understanding of food ingredients and preparations, as well as beer, wine and spirits
- The ability to develop effective and informative FOH systems that streamline operations and provide consistency in training and service execution
- An analytical approach to day-to-day responsibilities ranging from ordering, receiving, scheduling, and more
- A strong understanding of P&L statements, cost-control tools, how all components of operations fit together, and a desire to effect positive financial change
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing group of foodservice businesses. Qualified candidates can expect a competitive salary, medical + dental insurance, paid time off, free parking, and complimentary meals on all shifts.