Over the past 15 years, The South End Buttery has grown from one café to a small group of diverse outlets, all committed to providing the community with a welcoming and reliable experience – akin to enjoying a home cooked meal. The offerings range from freshly baked, high-quality pastries and expert coffee to elevated American fare
featuring local and seasonal ingredients. Guests can enjoy these in a café or restaurant setting, to take away from the market, or as part of a catered meal.
The café is a beautiful rustic space with tons of natural light and light wood. All of the menu items are made from scratch, from an addictive breakfast burrito and range of scones to a line of fresh salads and sandwiches to take on the go.
As SEB continues to develop as a restaurant group, they are seeking talented and enthusiastic key candidates to round out their team. As such, they are looking to bring on a Café Manager to manage and direct daily operations of the café. This is the perfect role for someone looking to help elevate the guest experience, train and develop the FOH team, drive systems adoption, and deliver financial results. The position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operational and financial activities to support the Director of Operations and ensure that guests are satisfied with every
The right person for this role would embody the following characteristics and skills:
● Dedication to developing a culture that fosters hospitality, initiative, and employee development
● The ability to motivate and coach a diverse staff of baristas, cashiers, runners, and BOH staff
● A strong understanding of food ingredients and preparations, as well as beer, wine and spirits
● The ability to develop effective and informative systems that streamline operations and provide consistency in training and service execution
● An analytical approach to day-to-day responsibilities ranging from ordering, receiving, scheduling, and more
● An understanding of P&L statements, cost-control tools, how all components of operations fit together, and a desire to effect positive financial change is preferred
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing group of foodservice businesses. Qualified candidates can expect a competitive salary, medical + dental insurance, paid time off, free parking, and complimentary meals on all shifts.