Sofra Bakery & Cafe is looking for a savory sous chef to join their team. Sofra’s savory sous chef is responsible for leading and overseeing service and production. This is an excellent first-time sous chef position for a natural leader and a highly organized person. They are eager to offer this opportunity to someone who is genuinely passionate about cooking and the overall guest experience.
They offer a professional work environment focused on producing scratch Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine. Sofra is known for its excellent work environment, supportive staff, and positive approach to management and to staff development. You will work directly under our Chef de Cuisine who will teach you and support you in running a kitchen and creating great food.
Founded by Ana Sortun and Maura Kilpatrick, Sofra approaches cuisine with a Middle Eastern sensibility and strong Turkish influences, and features unique spice combinations and many vegetables grown by Ana’s husband at Siena Farms in Sudbury. They also have an outstanding pastry team dedicated to maintaining these same principles.
- Have leadership skills
- Have 2 years of experience in a professional kitchen environment
- Open availability including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work 52-54 hours per week (sous chef can expect to leave by 9pm)
- Have a working knowledge of kitchen basics, cleanliness, and safety
- Be efficient with time management/organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and to lead others
Sofra is a ten-minute bus ride from Harvard Square. They offer paid vacation, health insurance and discounts to our sister businesses, Siena Farms, Oleana and Sarma.
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the job and your resume to the email address below.