Sofra has been a beloved Eastern Mediterranean Bakery & Café in Cambridge for nearly 13 years. They are looking for an eager and dedicated person to become their Front of House Retail and Hospitality manager. This is a prominent leadership role that works in partnership with the Front of House Operations manager to hire and develop a staff that is knowledgeable, kind and invested. The person in this position must be a champion of hospitality who is eager to set and uphold a tone of warmth and welcoming in the café.
This position also manages and develops the retail program. The retail and hospitality manager will collaborate with James Beard Award winning Executive Chefs/Owners Ana Sortun and Maura Kilpatrick, on sourcing ingredients from vendors they believe in, and finding ways to highlight the story and the mission behind them. The retail manager is expected to educate guests on their products by maintaining a presence in the café, and to thoroughly train staff so they feel confident discussing retail products with guests. The person in this position shares front of house responsibilities including opening and closing, hiring and training, and daily staff oriented tasks.
The Front of House Retail and Hospitality manager is responsible for:
- Co-leading and inspiring the team to excellence, helping individuals reach their potential, communicating clearly, delegating efficiently, educating and training staff, fostering growth
- Co-championing hospitality. Creating a safe and fulfilling work environment with hospitality at the core of everything. Establishing and fostering relationships with guests
- Collaborating with Chef Owners Ana Sortun and Maura Kilpatrick to seek out and bring on new products that further develop the retail program
- Managing ordering, inventory, sales goals and vendor relationships for all retail products
- Merchandising and overall presentation of retail selection in the café, including signage
- Strategic development. Constantly brainstorming to improve operations and to enhance the culture, solving problems, thinking creatively to cultivate growth
- Managing service and cooking classes (when they resume), opening and closing the bakery, overseeing ordering and inventory management, enforcing policy and procedures
Benefits include, but are not limited to the following:
- A consistent, flexible schedule with major holidays off
- PTO for vacation
- 50% health insurance benefits covered
- Company dining and meal benefits
This is a salaried position, working 45 hours a week, with consistent days off (under normal circumstances). Candidates must be available to work nights and weekends, but nights do not generally run later than 9pm.