We love and respect the regional food traditions of the Eastern Mediterranean. Sofra is about reinterpreting those traditions to make them accessible and inspiring for our guests. Our Executive Pastry Chef, and James Beard nominee Maura Kilpatrick is renowned for demystifying unique ingredients and finding an affinity between cultures. Kilpatrick and co-founder Ana Sortun (of Oleana, Sarma & Siena Farms), approach cuisine with a Middle Eastern sensibility by creating delicious food featuring unique spices and spice blends.
In Turkish, Sofra is synonymous with generosity and hospitality. At Sofra bakery, we focus on high-quality food production and quick service. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our employees and supporting individuals’ professional and personal growth that wish to further their career development within the food industry.
We are always looking for high-energy individuals who are passionate about pastry, eager to learn, and enjoy working hard. We offer flexible schedules, including weekends, as well as a structured training program. Experience is preferred, but we value enthusiasm, passion, and work ethic and are willing to train the right person.
Competitive hourly rate based on experience.
- Available to work 40 hours per week every week
- Weekends and early mornings and some holidays.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
- Work with high-quality ingredients, including unique spices, hand-selected artisan ingredients, and Siena Farm vegetables.
- Mix and shape bread, make cookies, cakes and laminated pastries
- Work with phyllo and produce our Middle Eastern pastries while learning new spices, flavors and recipes.
- Treat customers and co-workers with courtesy and respect
- Work in a clean and organized fashion
- Follow clearly documented food safety procedures •Work as a team and take direction from multiple managers •Able to read and follow written recipes, deal successfully with multitasking and is comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Has reliable transportation
- Exhibits a desire to learn and be challenged creatively
- Has a strong attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Desire for long-term employment
all-you-can-eat pastries, 50 percent employee discount at Sofra Sarma, Oleana and Siena farms, paid training, paid lunch breaks, free lunch, and copy of our book: SOFRAMIZ, by Ana Sortun and Maura Kilpatrick.
Please send a cover letter and resume to the email address below.