We love and respect the regional food traditions of the Eastern Mediterranean. Sofra is about reinterpreting those traditions to make them accessible and inspiring for our guests. Our Executive Pastry Chef, and James Beard nominee Maura Kilpatrick is renowned for demystifying unique ingredients and finding an affinity between cultures. Kilpatrick and co-founder Ana Sortun (of Oleana, Sarma & Siena Farms), approach cuisine with a Middle Eastern sensibility by creating delicious food featuring unique spices and spice blends.
In Turkish, Sofra is synonymous with generosity and hospitality. At Sofra bakery, we focus on high-quality food production and quick service. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our employees and supporting individuals' professional and personal growth that wish to further their career development within the food industry.
LOCATION Cambridge, MA
CATEGORY Foodservice operations, Culinary
JOB TYPE Full-Time, non-exempt
We are always looking for high-energy individuals who are passionate about pastry, eager to learn, and enjoy working hard. We offer flexible schedules, including weekends, as well as a structured training program. Experience is preferred, but we value enthusiasm, passion, and work ethic and are willing to train the right person.
At Sofra, you will –
- Work with high-quality ingredients, including unique spices, hand-selected artisan ingredients, and Siena Farm vegetables.
- Mix and shape bread, make cookies, cakes and laminated pastries.
- Work with phyllo and produce our Middle Eastern pastries while learning new spices, flavors and recipes.
Qualified candidates will –
- Treat customers and co-workers with courtesy and respect
- Work in a clean and organized fashion
- Follow clearly documented food safety procedures
- Work as a team and take direction from multiple managers
- Be able to read and follow written recipes, deal successfully with multitasking and be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Exhibit a desire to learn and be challenged creatively
- Have a strong attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Have excellent attendance and punctuality
- Have a desire for long-term employment
- Be able to work 40 hours per week every week
- Be available weekends, early mornings, and some holidays
- Have reliable transportation
- Competitive hourly rate based on experience
- Free meal per shift
- Copy of our book: SOFRAMIZ, by Ana Sortun and Maura Kilpatrick
- Employee discounts at our sister businesses—Oleana, Sarma and Siena Farms
- Partially subsidized health insurance, with an option to add dental and vision insurance
Please consider joining our team! To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to the address below.
Sofra is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.