They love and respect the regional food traditions of the Eastern Mediterranean. Sofra is about reinterpreting those traditions to make them accessible and inspiring for their guests. Executive Pastry Chef, and James Beard nominee Maura Kilpatrick is renowned for demystifying unique ingredients and finding an affinity between cultures. Maura Kilpatrick and co-founder Ana Sortun (of Oleana, Sarma & Siena Farms), approach cuisine with a Middle Eastern sensibility by creating delicious food featuring unique spices and spice blends.
In Turkish, Sofra is synonymous with generosity and hospitality. At Sofra bakery, they focus on high quality food production and quick service. They are committed to building long-term relationships with their employees and support individuals’ professional and personal growth that wish to further their career development within the food industry.
They are always looking for high-energy individuals who are passionate about pastry, eager to learn and enjoy working hard. They offer flexible schedules, including weekends, as well as a structured training program. Experience preferred, but they value enthusiasm, passion, work ethic and are willing to train the right person.
Competitive hourly rate based on experience.
Available to work 40 hours per week every week: 4 x 10 hour shifts,
Weekends and early mornings and some holidays.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
- Work with high quality ingredients, including unique spices, hand selected artisan ingredients and Siena Farm vegetables.
- Mix and shape bread, make cookies, cakes and laminated pastries
- Work with phyllo and produce their Middle Eastern pastries while learning new spices, flavors and cuisine.
- Treat customers and co-workers with courtesy and respect
- Work in a clean and organized fashion
- Follow clearly documented food safety procedures
- Work as a team and take direction from multiple managers
- Able to read and follow written recipes, deal successfully with multitasking and is comfortable in a fast paced work environment
- Has reliable transportation
- Exhibits a desire to learn and be challenged creatively
- Has a strong attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Desire of long-term employment
4-day work week, all you can eat pastries, 50 percent employee discount at Sofra, Sarma, Oleana and Siena farms, paid training, paid lunch breaks, free lunch, copy of their book: SOFRAMIZ, by Ana Sortun and Maura Kilpatrick.
Please send a cover letter and resume to the email provided below.