Owned by James Beard Award-winning Executive Chef Ana Sortun and James Beard Award-nominated Executive Pastry Chef Maura Kilpatrick, Sofra is a fast-casual cafe and bakery inspired by the flavors of the Eastern Mediterranean. They offer high-quality, handmade beverages, pastries, and savory selections, as well as carefully selected artisan products from around the world. Sofra is a fast-paced environment that focuses on giving guests the best possible experience by welcoming them to their table, their home, their gathering place, their Sofra.
Sofra Bakery and Cafe is eager to hire a dedicated line/prep cook to join their savory team. This is a part-time position with the potential to grow into a full-time position as the needs of the business evolve. Qualified candidates will have relevant kitchen experience, a passion for food, the desire to cook with premium ingredients often sourced from their very own Siena Farms and those who want to learn more about Eastern Mediterranean cuisine. They are interested in meeting folks who want to join a warm and supportive work environment and have a positive attitude!
- Ability to follow recipes and daily prep lists
- Ability to perform tasks consistently, accurately in a timely manner
- Assist in maintaining a safe and sanitary kitchen
- Weekend and some holiday availability a must
- Those who work well with others
- Taking COVID-19 precautions seriously
- Hourly pay commensurate with experience
- Discounts at Sofra, Oleana Sarma and Siena Farms
- Health insurance
- Opportunity for growth within the company
To apply, send your resume to the email address below.