Owned by James Beard Award-winning Executive Chef Ana Sortun and James Beard nominated Executive Pastry Chef Maura Kilpatrick, Sofra is a fast-casual cafe and bakery inspired by the flavors of the Eastern Mediterranean. They offer high-quality, handmade beverages, pastries, and savory selections, as well as carefully selected artisan products from around the world. Sofra is a fast-paced environment that focuses on giving guests the best possible experience by welcoming them to our table, our home, our gathering place, our Sofra.
Sofra is eager to hire dedicated full and part time front of house staff. They are in search of candidates who are passionate about food and hospitality, along with being prudent when it comes to COVID-19 precautions. They are interested in meeting folks who want to join a warm and supportive work environment, those who work well with others and have a positive attitude!
You will be expected of the following:
- Learn, understand and explain the menu to teammates and guests
- Exude excellent and consistent hospitality towards guests and the Sofra team
- Advocate to guests the meaning of hospitality
- Learn how to use the Toast POS system
- Take food orders
- Expedite food orders
- Make housemade beverages and espresso drinks
- Clean, sanitize, and keep the cafe area neat and inviting
- Help build and break down outdoor seating area
- Ask questions, and be willing to learn
An ideal candidate should possess:
- Reliable work history
- Experience in food service, this is preferred but they are willing to train the right person
- Attentiveness, and attention to detail
- Enjoyment working with people both guest facing and internally
- Having good work ethic
- Being able to take constructive criticism
- Taking COVID-19 precautions seriously
- Eagerness to learn more about Middle Eastern cuisine
- Working with a sense of urgency
- Hourly pay, considerable tips, discounts at Sofra, Oleana, Sarma and Siena Farms, health insurance and more.
To apply, send your resume to the email address below.