Sofra Cafe & Bakery is eager to hire dedicated counter staff. Pay is competitive and tips are considerable. They also offer health benefits, discounts to Oleana, Sarma, Sofra and Siena Farms, paid lunches, free pastries etc. Full time preferred.
What they offer:
At Sofra, they focus on high quality food production and thoughtful, efficient service. They are committed to building long term relationships with employees. They work hard every day to ensure that co-workers love the company so that guests do too. They offer flexible schedules, staff classes with vendors, as well as a structured training program. The counter staff and management team are welcoming and supportive and will provide you with the tools and training you need to hit the ground running.
You will learn how to:
Thrive in a small and busy environment, anticipate guests’ needs and give great service, make specialty beverages from scratch, take and assemble savory/pastry orders, clean and maintain work stations, café and patio, educate guests on retail products, use point of sale, make quality espresso drinks, appreciate Eastern Mediterranean cuisine and become a part of a lively and supportive community of guests, vendors and colleagues.
• Exudes excellent and consistent hospitality towards cafe guests and the Sofra team
• Learns and supports teammates in learning the menu
• Becomes an avid user of TOAST (their touch screen point of sale system),
• Assists in keeping café and work spaces neat and inviting
• Works with urgency and a positive attitude
• Double checks orders for accuracy
• Asks questions
• Maintains an acute attention to detail as well as a desire to learn and grow
• Arrives to work on time, focused and with an open mind
Hourly, considerable tips, health insurance, discounts etc.
To apply, send your resume + letter of interest to the address below.