Sofra Cafe & Bakery is eager to hire dedicated counter staff to have trained and ready as they prepare for a busy Fall.
Sofra focuses on high-quality food production and thoughtful, efficient service. They are committed to building long term relationships with our employees. They work hard every day to ensure their co-workers love their company, so their guests do too. They offer flexible schedules and staff classes with our vendors, as well as a structured training program. Their counter staff and management team are welcoming and supportive and will provide you with the tools and training you need to hit the ground running.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
Thrive in a small and busy environment; anticipate guests’ needs and give great service; make specialty beverages from scratch; take and assemble savory/pastry orders; clean and maintain work stations, café and patio; educate guests on retail products; use point of sale; make quality espresso drinks; appreciate Eastern Mediterranean cuisine; and become a part of a lively and supportive community of guests, vendors and colleagues.
- Exudes excellent and consistent hospitality towards cafe guests and the Sofra team
- Learns and supports teammates in learning our menu
- Becomes an avid user of TOAST (our touch screen point of sale system),
- Replenishes products and supplies on the floor
- Assists in keeping café and work spaces neat and inviting
- Works with urgency and a positive attitude
- Completes the guests order for take away or café
- Double checks orders for accuracy
- Asks questions
- Maintains an acute attention to detail as well as a desire to learn and grow
- Arrives to work on time, focused and with an open mind.
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the job and your resume to the email address below.