Sofra Bakery is seeking enthusiastic candidates for a sous chef position. They are looking for a dependable, hard working, and motivated individual interested in Middle Eastern cuisine, and genuinely passionate about food and overall customer experience. This position will be responsible for leading and overseeing service and production along with the Chef de Cuisine.
They offer a professional working environment focused on producing scratch Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine along with new and traditional pastries and baked goods. Sofra is known for its excellent work environment, supportive staff, and positive approach to management and staff development.
Founded by Maura Kilpatrick and Ana Sortun, Sofra approaches cuisine with a Middle Eastern sensibility, with strong Turkish influences, and features unique spice combinations and many vegetables grown by Ana’s husband at Siena Farms.
- Must be available to work weekends and late nights
- Have management experience
- Have 2 years experience in a professional kitchen environment
- Have experience with food ordering/costing and monthly inventory
- Have a working knowledge of kitchen basics, cleanliness, and safety
- Be efficient with time management/organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be able to maintain a positive, even tempered attitude and motivate others to perform well
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the job and your resume, to Chef Didem Hosgel.