At Oleana, vivid flavors, aromatic spices and a commitment to the freshest ingredients compose a menu that celebrates the cuisine of Turkey and the Middle East. Small plates with big flavor, locally sourced meats and fish, artisanal wines, produce from our own farm and desserts that honor but upend tradition have garnered national attention and awards.
We will always believe in exceptional hospitality with warmth & professionalism, but not pretension. We strive to provide staff with tools through education, training and practice, to learn and work in an environment where they feel supported, respected, and inspired. With an eagerness to connect to people, hospitality flows naturally. Our managers try to practice what they preach, not leading with aggression or negativity, but rather dedication, fairness, and desire to bring the best out in their team. We look for passionate, kind, committed and honest people who find joy in their profession and can transcend that message outward.
LOCATION Cambridge, MA
CATEGORY Foodservice operations, human resources, and business management
JOB TYPE Full-Time, exempt
Operations Manager (OM) is responsible for overseeing and supporting the Business Owners in managing all company-wide operations.
Working under the general supervision of the Business Owners…
- Oversee and manage operations and supervise management. Solve problems, assist as needed.
- Ensure service standards are being met while working to achieve operational excellence.
- Work with owners and management to continuously improve operational systems to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support management team members on their assigned duties and goals.
- Become proficient in lead management roles to provide back up when needed.
- Lead and manage communications across teams ensuring effective communication within departments.
- Coordinate, plan, and facilitate meetings with appropriate team members as needed.
- Assist with HR management by leading hiring, performance management, conflict resolution, interpersonal relations, and enforcing HR policy.
- Maintain hiring practices that are aligned with company culture and values and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Assist with hiring as needed.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOP) and lead training.
- Work with management teams to continuously cultivate training programs for staff at all levels using creative learning procedures.
- Ensure the proper documentation of training materials and SOPs, as established.
- Assist with facilities maintenance of physical plants while working with managers to ensure all facilities are in top condition at all times.
- Assist in maintaining functional equipment; guarantee cleanliness and tidy presentation of all spaces especially guest-facing ones; keep workspaces safe for employees and guests.
- Work with management team members to meet the company’s financial and business objectives.
- Work with the Business Owners and management team members to meet the company’s financial objectives
- Assist in ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform additional tasks and take lead on special projects as needed.
- Provide leadership, acts as a role model of appropriate behavior in the workplace, enforces company policy and procedures, and upholds quality standards.
- Maintain company culture to champion vision, values, and uphold staff morale.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 4-6 years in a foodservice management position, ideally in senior management across multiple units
- Experience in both full-service restaurant and fast-casual service preferred
- Alcohol service safety, Food safety, and CPR/First Aid certified preferred
- Familiarity with tech POS and RMS systems Toast and Resy
- Understanding of financial business management including how to assess and communicate P&L
- Knowledge of food, beverage, and hospitality industry
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable having hard conversations
- Comprehension of HR management especially tied to people management and operations
- Impeccable judgment and professionalism
- Empathetic, kind, and patient
- Leads by example
- Passionate and motivated by hospitality
- Deeply understands the power of connection, community, and relationship building
- Ability to be self-accountable
- Must work days, nights, and weekends
This is an exempt, salaried position. Salary will be based on experience around 70k-85k base salary.
Benefits include employer contributions to health insurance, and access to group vision and dental insurances.
This position is eligible for business performance incentives and professional development resources.
Sofra is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.