The Smoke Shop BBQ Restaurant Group is looking to add a Director of BBQ Operations to their talented executive team. Working with the owners, executive team, and kitchen team to ensure smooth operations. This position requires hands-on involvement and is responsible for overseeing all BBQ operations aspects including food preparation & production, food purchasing, seasonal menu development, culinary team management, recruitment & training, and catering.
The ideal candidate for Director of BBQ Operations will be a solution-driven, strategic thinker who demonstrates leadership, creativity, integrity, and resourcefulness as it pertains to quality, consistency, and profitability.
Fundamental to this position is an understanding of the Pitmaster’s (Andy Husbands) vision, creativity, growth plans for the company, and the ability to communicate and execute that vision clearly and effectively.
This position will be responsible for:
- Quality Assurance– creating, implementing, and managing systems by which they will ensure the quality and consistency of their product on a daily basis.
- Team Management– manage teams at multiple locations through teaching, coaching, and policy creation & implementation.
- Budget Management, Creation – work with the owners to create operational budgets and with their General Managers to implement and manage those budgets.
- Cost Control– set and maintain purchasing standards throughout the company for all products and services, work with the company managers to adhere to pre-set budgets, and search for new ways for the company to manage its controllable costs.
- Logistics– create, implement, and/or manage solutions for internal and external supply chains and production. Work with teams at multiple locations to produce and implement existing and new menu items.
- BBQ experience is not required but some culinary experience or knowledge is required.
- Multi-unit systems management and operations experience is also required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ethical, compassionate leadership skills
- Knowledge and experience of supply chain logistics
- Proven ability to manage budgets in a similar role
- Able to read and interpret a profit and loss statement
The Smoke Shop is an equal opportunity employer.