Skinner, New England’s only auction house to sell Fine Wines & Rare Spirits, is seeking a responsible, highly organized and detail-oriented full or part time Cellar Manager with an interest in fine and rare bottles to work at their retail partner’s location in Newton, MA and occasionally the Marlborough and Boston galleries.
- Cellar inventory management; managing a large inventory, packing, moving, binning, conditioning and photoing incoming inventory for five auctions a year and initiating inventory reviews on a quarterly basis.
- Weekly administrative tasks; scheduling and assisting with pick-ups and drop-offs, reporting to and taking directives from department specialists, fielding and supervising inventory shipments, generating post-sale reports, and contributing to department meetings with inventory status reports.
- Auction assistance; estimating auction consignments, assisting on house calls, phone bidding and floor support at auctions and availability for tastings and events (some nights and weekends required).
- With five auctions a year, candidates must be capable of efficiently and effectively handling an ever-fluctuating inventory, have an interest and knowledge in wine and spirits, a genial nature, and a willingness to learn as well as be extremely detail oriented, reliant, calm under pressure and a stickler for organization.
- Willing and able to lift and move 40lbs boxes on a consistent basis.
- Excel proficiency is a plus.
- WSET or comparable certification a plus.
- One’s own transportation is not required but strongly encouraged.
Please submit cover letter & resume to the email address below by August 1, 2019.