Six West, located in Southie, is a rooftop bar & restaurant which offers breathtaking views of the city. Showcases some of Boston’s most accomplished and talented bartenders with a cocktail program that is elevated yet imaginative with playful twists on classic cocktails. Dining options are seasonally inspired food menus. The vibe at Six West is fun and social, upbeat and energetic, and perfect for any occasion.
In addition to the rooftop, they offer indoor dining in their lounge bar & restaurant for up to 100 seats. They also have an event space that accommodates 175 guests. Re-opening of these outlets are coming soon.
Assistant General Manager:
Six West is looking to add an assistant general manager to join the team. The candidate must have full schedule flexibility. You will be required to support the service team and maintain a high level of standards. Experience in a high-volume sales environment is important. Upholding the culture of Six West is a priority. Six West is a positive, fun work environment where teamwork is key.
• Be coachable: actively look for feedback to grow and improve
• Lead by example and be an ambassador of hospitality
• Contributing creative ideas, thoughts, and solutions that result in increased productivity and improved operations
• Be a role model for top quality, hands-on, restaurant management including effective use of labor to maximize performance
• Consistently communicate standards, priorities, operational changes, and successes to management team and team members
• Oversee guest service, team member service, and food expediting process
• Maintain high knowledge of menu and POS computer system
• Be passionate: appreciate their mission to provide a higher quality product than all competitors
• Understands and adheres to overall chain of command within the restaurant
• Understanding how to effectively manage each workstation in the restaurant
• Maintain a cooperative and interactive relationship with all members of management
• Be a self-starter: take initiative, think of the big picture, relay the needs of the restaurant and communicate daily with management team
• Establish a strong floor presence while leading FOH team members
• Motivate and cultivate team members through feedback and recognition
• Nurture and uphold an encouraging, fun, work environment based on teamwork
• Conduct daily quality control reports and site walk-throughs
• Responsible for cash handling duties and funds
• Continuously training and coaching team members
• Maintain POS system and make any changes as needed while communicating changes with FOH team and management team
• Attract, identify, and hire team members that embody the Six / West culture
• Opening duties ensuring the restaurant is set up to run a successful day
• Closing duties ensuring the restaurant is safe in the off hours
For consideration, apply via the email address provided below.