Si Cara is a natural wine bar opening in July of 2022 in Cambridge with wood fired pizza. Si Cara features simple food done well, with a sense of place, passion for great ingredients and an eye for detail. Si Cara can be a spot for lunch or a glass of wine mid day. A place to tuck in nightly for pizza & cocktails with friends or take away pizza regularly.
We are hiring for all restaurant positions, with great pay and benefits for full time employees. Our starting hourly wage for our Kitchen Prep team is $17 per hour. We are seeking Line Cooks to work with incredible products across both pizza making and pantry stations. The hourly range of pay for Line Cooks is $19 – $23 per hour.
We look forward to meeting you!
Roles: Line Cook, Prep Cook, Utility/Dishwasher
- Complete daily food preparation and kitchen operations checklist, in line with your role
- Maintain knowledge of new and current menu offerings
- Support all facets of daily pizza and garde manger prep including specials, take out and private event menus
- Display and develop knife skills
- Care for the Si Cara spaces, through regular organization, cleanliness and adherence to all food & safety guidelines
- Take allergens seriously, communicating effectively
- Maintain a clean, pleasant and respectful environment for all Si Cara team members
- Execute established recipes, preventing food waste and caring for the product
- Ability to work independently
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- A friendly and hospitality driven personality
- Previous restaurant or kitchen experience appreciated
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, taste, smell, and hearing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to raw meat, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock.