Shy Bird is looking for Servers and Bartenders for our new location in South Boston! Our bustling Kendall Square location has been serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner since 2018, with craveable, affordable food that celebrates the familiar while conveying genuine culinary ambition and passion.
Conveniently located on the Red Line between Andrew and Broadway Station, the new Shy Bird location joins the Iron Works development, an exciting new destination in South Boston that is bringing residential, retail, office, fitness and outdoor amenity spaces into one incredible community.
About Shy Bird:
Shy Bird is an all day café, rotisserie, and bar. Our breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus consist of craveable, affordable food that celebrates the familiar while conveying genuine culinary ambition and passion. We seek to turn guests into regulars by creating memorable moments, and it all starts with our amazing team. This all culminates under a culture of ambition we call ‘All In, All Day’.
All front of house roles are, like Shy Bird, multi-faceted. By day, you could be behind the counter taking orders, running food, or helping to pack takeout. By night, you’re making new regulars, opening bottles of wine, and chatting bar-side. You will be trained in our food, wine, spirits and beers, helping bring these programs to life for our guests. Everyone works side-by-side at Shy Bird, so everybody needs to be cross-trained to support one another. Chefs run food and bus tables. Support team does dishes. Bartenders seat guests and Servers stock plates. We all run chicken.
- Greet all guests warmly
- Seek meaningful connection with guests in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of the food menus
- Comprehensive knowledge of coffee, soft beverage, wine by the glass, beer and cocktails
- Commitment to building knowledge of wine, beer and spirits
- Prepare drinks in accordance with recipes in a timely fashion
- Help pre-bus, maintain and clean the bar and dining room during service
- Assist with opening and closing restaurant duties and re-stocking
- Support mise en place and preparation across Shy Bird
Keys to thriving at Shy Bird:
- Embrace and convey positivity (AKA Smile:)
- Seek connections and build community with colleagues and guests
- Be curious about food, beverage, and hospitality
- Run food, bus tables, always be mise-ing
- “All In, All Day”