Shy Bird is seeking a Restaurant Manager to join the service and operations team. They’re asking for flexible availability that includes weekdays and weekends. Shy Bird is a rotisserie, cafe, and bar in Cambridge’s Kendall Square. Their service is casual, sincere and defined by their ‘All In, All Day’ mentality. The past year has challenged Shy Bird, and they are emerging with an innovative, nimble and modern take on restaurant operations and hospitality.
Purpose of Position:
The Restaurant Manager, like Shy Bird, is multi-faceted and dynamic. By day, you could be supporting the service team taking orders, running food or opening a bottle of wine. You will bring to life service standards, guest relations, takeout operations and elements of catering. In 2021, Shy Bird will reach its collective and individual potential by seeking to create meaningful relationships with guests and neighborhood.
The description below is for a Restaurant Manager but everyone works side by side at Shy Bird. They believe in Cross Training for all positions. Chefs run food and bus tables. Service team does dishes. Bartenders seat guests and stock plates. They all run chicken.
- Write a weekly schedule for front of house staff
- Oversee training and onboarding for new front of house team members
- Support continuing education and development for the Shy Bird Team
- Seek meaningful connection with guests in a fast paced environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of the food menus
- Comprehensive knowledge of coffee, wine by the glass, beer, and cocktails
- Oversight of beer and spirits program, in partnership with Lead Bartender
- Opening and closing restaurant responsibilities, in line with operational standards
- Connectivity with Back of House team on culinary operations
- Contribute to Shy Bird brand engagement digitally through social media + other platforms
Keys to thriving at Shy Bird:
- Embrace and Convey Positivity (AKA Smile:)
- Seek Connections and Build Community with Colleagues and Guests
- Be Curious About Food, Beverage, and Hospitality
- Run Food, Bus Tables, Always be Mise-ing
- All In, All Day
About Shy Bird:
Shy Bird is a rotisserie, cafe and bar open all day in Kendall Square. They have become a great neighborhood place with craveable food in a warm and welcoming setting that’s attractive any time of day for dining in, takeaway and delivery. They bring food, beverage and hospitality culture into Shy Bird’s casual environment.
Please apply to the email address below with a resume.