Shy Bird is a cafe, rotisserie and bar opening in Kendall Square this July. They are hiring for Sous Chef and Kitchen Leadership.
Scope & General Purpose of Role:
Lead and manage the opening team at Shy Bird in collaboration with other managers and ownership. The primary focuses of this role will be team leadership & management, kitchen operations, and menu development.
Ideal candidates must:
- Recognize that success is directly correlated with your ability to facilitate success and growth for others.
- Lead and manage with empathy, humility, positivity and tenacity.
- Cultivate meaningful, professional relationships built on these principals and the tenets of leadership included below.
- Embrace the ‘all in, all day’ philosophy of Shy Bird wherein everyone contributes to the whole.
- Seek to make Shy Bird as busy as possible from their role in kitchen leadership.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Quarterly Bonus Structure
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Coverage offered and employer subsidized
- Two Weeks Paid Vacation
- 40 Hours Sick Time
- Subsidized MBTA passes
- Team Growth and Development
- Kitchen Operations
- Menu Development and Creativity
- Financial Performance (Food, Labor, and Operating accountability)
Interested in learning more about Shy Bird? Click the link below to complete the management application.