Shy Bird is a rotisserie, cafe, and bar in Cambridge’s Kendall Square. Their food is thoughtful, with a reverence for chicken, celebrating both vice and virtue. Their kitchen culture is defined by their ‘All In, All Day’ mentality, shared by all team members. The past year has challenged Shy Bird, and they are emerging with an innovative, nimble and modern take on restaurant operations and food.
Scope & General Purpose: The Chef de Cuisine of Shy Bird oversees all culinary operations, in collaboration with the General Manager and leadership. The primary focuses of this role are team leadership, culinary systems for standardization and quality control, care of restaurant and kitchen space and contributions to menu development. The Chef, like Shy Bird, is multi-faceted and dynamic. Shy Bird strives for excellence in all aspects of service, including in-restaurant dining, takeout and delivery.
The description below is for a Chef but everyone works side by side at Shy Bird. They believe in Cross Training for all positions. Chefs run food and bus tables. Service team does dishes. Bartenders seat guests and stock plates. They all run chicken.
In order to thrive in this role you must:
- Recognize that your success is directly correlated with your ability to facilitate success and growth for others.
- Lead and manage with empathy, humility, positivity, and tenacity.
- Cultivate meaningful, professional relationships built on these principals and the tenets of leadership included below.
- Be curious and creative.
- Embrace the ‘all in, all day’ philosophy of Shy Bird wherein everyone collaborates and contributes to the whole.
- Seek to make Shy Bird as busy as possible from your role in leadership.
Apply via the email address provided below.