Shy Bird is looking for warm, positive person to join their Cafe Leadership team. This role is blend of barista, counter, and leadership responsibilities and. All applicants must have flexible morning availability started at 5:45AM.
Compensation: Historical average is $22-$28 per hour between hourly and a portion of an all day gratuity pool. This may vary by shifts worked and time of year.
Shy Bird is a cafe, rotisserie and bar open all day in Kendall Square. We’re striving to become a great neighborhood place with craveable food in a warm and welcoming setting that’s attractive any time of day for dining in, takeaway and delivery. For their team, they hope to bring the food beverage and hospitality culture that defines their other restaurants, Eastern Standard & Branch Line, into Shy Bird’s casual, counter-service environment.
Cafe Leadership Role:
There are 2 primary focuses for this role. The first is to Support day to day operations of Shy Bird by opening the restaurant, setting the tone for the morning team, and cultivating regulars in the morning. They will also be asking this, and any future elevated roles, to take additional ownership within the training and new hire process. To be successful in this role, you must embrace that you will be viewed as a model by your peers, more so than you already are.
- Opening duties and checklists
- Setting the tone and pace for the team when opening
- Modeling great hospitality and empathy
- Cultivating, communicating and logging regulars in Resy
- Guest recovery as needed in the AM
- Support new hire and ongoing training efforts
- Contribute to the growth and evolution of Shy Bird with ideas and feedback
- All barista and counter responsibilities
Keys to thriving at Shy Bird:
- Embrace and Convey Positivity (AKA Smile:)
- Seek Connections and Build Community with Colleagues and Guests
- Be Curious About Food, Beverage, and Hospitality
- Run Food, Bus Tables, Always be Mise-ing
- ‘All in, All Day’