Shubie’s is a unique, busy marketplace with a high volume, production kitchen, and a busy café. This is a great opportunity to join an experienced team, explore food and have a life. Plus! Full time employees are provided health insurance benefits and store discounts.
Oversee Catering for Shubie’s Marketplace to take their catering business to the next level by achieving high customer satisfaction, superior quality service and strong operations/efficient production. Position is responsible for the daily operations and growth of Catering within Shubie’s Marketplace. Review existing operations and recommend changes to increase efficiency while maintaining high quality. Strong ability to manage a catering business including sales, menu development, operations, customer service, staffing and financial management.
- Clear understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process. Understanding of pace and productivity.
- Strong yield management skills with an understanding of optimizing the catering mix of business and the use of historical data.
- Experience evaluating catering business opportunities to maximize revenue and profitability while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Meet or exceed budgeted sales and profits for catering business.
- Assist in the development and implementation of effective marketing plans for increasing catering revenues.
- Experience with catering sales to a variety of customers and markets.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining long term client relationships.
- Previous demonstrated knowledge of sales techniques including lead development, negotiation and closing skills.
- Comfortable with client presentations.
- Actively participate in community/civic activities to maintain awareness within the community and to create sales opportunities.
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for a variety of clients. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with the Executive Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Develop an event execution team to ensure high quality and superior customer satisfaction. An ability to quickly adapt to operational realities and execute successfully.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations. Detailed execution of all catering events.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events and clients.
- Be available for nights and weekends.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- 5+ years in Catering experience required.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Experience in developing marketing plans, safety, HR, development and execution of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance, and customer service.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public, etc.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
If you have experience, are someone who takes pride in their craft and are ready to join a great team, please send your resume for consideration or apply in person at our store during normal business hours.
Shubie’s is proudly an equal opportunity employer.