Senses is seeking an entrepreneurial and talented General Manager.
Senses is a new restaurant in Kendall Square, Cambridge committed to regenerative agriculture. The restaurant’s culinary program is led by Chef Nadia Michaud, who has moved to Cambridge from Paris and Athens, where she developed and led culinary programs for multiple restaurants. Rooted in Mediterranean cuisine, Senses food has a story of not just local, but raised on regenerative farms, and from wild sustainable fresh and seawater sources. Along with the food and inventive drinks is a broader program of talks, new food experiences, and artist exhibitions reflecting the MIT/Harvard perspective of restaurant founder and future-of-food inventor David Edwards.
The General Manager will work closely with Michaud and Edwards and be responsible for comprehensive oversight of the entire operation including:
- Managing and growing a private catering program and targeted lunch takeout service
- Creating a team oriented and professional culture including training of managers and staff
- Educating and inspiring the staff to exceed guest experience standards of service and hospitality
- Maintaining profitable and efficient operations
- Overseeing administrative and general operations system including payroll, inventory, and facilities and maintenance programs
- Cultivation and growth of successful private events program
- Spearheading local marketing initiatives
They are seeking a General Manager who understands business fundamentals related to accounting, human resources, and general operations. The ideal candidate should have significant restaurant management experience and a deep knowledge of food, wine, and fine dining service. They should be respectful, have a hands on management style, and propensity to lead by example.
Candidates can expect a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
Please send resume and cover letter to the address below.