Season To Taste in Cambridge is looking for an experienced Part-Time Server to join the team!
Season To Taste is a chef-owned, neighborhood restaurant in Cambridge. They feature locally-sourced ingredients that are thoughtfully and consistently prepared, as well as eclectic, small producer/minimal intervention-driven wines and craft beers. Their mission is to foster a fun, lighthearted environment in which their guests can not only enjoy great food/drinks and friendly, knowledgeable service, but also feel like they are dining at a home away from home. They provide a positive, team-oriented work environment that their employees enjoy coming to everyday, striving toward constant learning, sharing and collaboration.
They are looking for a Part-Time Server with strong restaurant experience, great organization and communication skills, and a genuine, hospitality-driven nature. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, have an attention to detail, and be great at multitasking. Strong wine knowledge is a must, as is the ability to converse with guests about it in an approachable, humble, and relatable manner. Must love food, and be interested in continued learning. They are looking for the type of server who takes the time to get to know their regulars to the level that they could always recommend to them a new beer, glass pour, bottle, or dish they knew they would enjoy.
- Previous restaurant experience, preferably within a small restaurant setting, as well as fine-dining and faster-paced restaurants
- Desire to foster strong relationships with guests/regulars
- Extensive wine knowledge, ideally with previous experience with small producer/minimal intervention style wine lists, or at least desire to learn
- Strong food knowledge
- Focus on detail-oriented service and genuine hospitality
- Interest in constant learning and personal growth within the industry
- Ability to absorb and retain new information, with constantly changing menus
- Ability to consistently communicate with kitchen staff and fellow FOH employees
- Patience and empathy in dealing with both guests and coworkers
- Ability to multi-task and “adapt and overcome” in any challenging situations in a fast-paced environment, with a calm energy and positive attitude
- Focus on teamwork and the ability to work well with a small group of people, including BOH, support staff, and management
To apply, please send your resume to the address below.