Scope of Position
The Banquet Cook II position is an important part of the daily production of the culinary team.
The position contributes to the guest’s experience within our property, showcasing creative abilities as part of any in-house dining experience. The position will assist supervisors and chefs by preparing food items according to pre-determined standards and recipes for both high volume facilities. The position is in contact with all other members of the Banquet Kitchen Staff, and the members of the Restaurant Kitchen and Stewarding staff. The position reports directly to the Sous Chefs and take direction from the Kitchen Supervisor.
- Weekly schedules will vary and include working weekends, evenings, early mornings and holidays as needed
- Assist the chefs with execution of daily production from Banquet Event Orders.
- Supervise execution and plating of assigned Banquet Functions.
- Assist in establishing recipe specifications, plate presentations, and creating visual food displays for Banquet functions.
- Prepares food by following written recipes and verbal instructions from the chef.
- Prepare dishes by following the methods of preparation and observe quality of product by viewing color, taste, texture, portion size and appearance.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment by implementing all sanitation codes and appropriate food handing procedures.
- Set up and clean up station for appropriate meal period.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and displaying respect and courtesy to all employees.
- Responsible for practicing, managing and promoting our Mission and Values so that it becomes an intricate part of the every day operation.
- Complete any other duties or projects assigned by a Chef.
Required Job Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience with operation of cutlery and kitchen equipment.
- Strong knowledge of all basic cooking methods.
- Some knowledge of meat and fish fabrication required.
- Requires long periods of standing.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- See checklist below
- High School diploma or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 2 years in food production (hotel industry) or culinary experience
- Culinary degrees preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of pastry experience
- Multi- lingual preferred
- Fluency of the English language is required (read, write, speak)
- Must be able to listen to, read and/or write instructions, memos, short correspondences and messages
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the person occupying this position. The person in this position will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor.