Sous Chef – Do you love your job as a Chef in Boston, but tired of the daily commute?
If you said, “yes” then they have the perfect opportunity for you! At Scarlet Oak Tavern, they offer continuing food and beverage education, access to quality ingredients from local purveyors, opportunity for growth, an expansive benefits package* and a fun work environment.
Scarlet Oak Tavern is a family owned and operated business. Part of the Webber Restaurant Group founded in 2004.
- At Scarlet Oak Tavern they love being a part of the local community.
- They are a scratch kitchen where all items are prepared daily – they even cure their own meats!
- Their roots are grounded in conservation and they love using local companies whenever possible, they partner with several local farms including their sister restaurant Gibbet Hill Grill for fresh, locally sourced produce.
- They care about work life balance and development of their staff though continuing education and professional growth (30% of their managers began their career as hourly employees and 50% of their GM’s started with us in an hourly role).
- Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine experience – 2 years or more preferred.
- Ensures production and execution of high quality dishes each shift;
- Ensure their employees have the tools and environment they need to provide an exceptional dining experience for their guests;
- Coordinates service with the restaurant and private events;
- Ability to work in a high paced environment;
- Ensures hygiene and food safety standards are met at all levels of food preparation.
Why you should apply with them?
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent Health & Dental benefits*
- Paid vacation
- Company sponsored Short & Long Term Disability
*Employee must meet eligibility requirements to enroll in benefits.
Scarlet Oak Tavern is an equal opportunity employer.