Saltbox Kitchen is looking for a lunch cook, line cook and server to join their team. They are looking for driven and passionate individuals who want to have fun, learn and grow within their team. A great work ethic, positive attitude and understanding & interest of food, wine, beer and hospitality are all required. The position they are hiring is for their lunch line cook and prep cook, daytime hours, 8am to 4pm but with some flexibility
Saltbox Kitchen is a 28-seat restaurant and café located in West Concord, and they offer lunch and dinner six days a week. Casual table service and extensive prepared foods to go is available. The Saltbox Kitchen menu is a seasonal selection of New England farm cuisine, inspired by the seasons as well as worldly cuisines. Their farm, Saltbox Farm, also located in Concord, supplies the restaurant with fresh vegetables, herbs, flowers, lamb and honey during the growing season. They also have a brewery within their restaurant using hops grown from the farm. Additionally, they teach cooking classes at the Farm, and have a full-service catering operation based at Saltbox Kitchen.
The team at Saltbox Kitchen is excited to share their knowledge and love of food and service as part of a training plan. They also offer health benefits for full time employees.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 1-2 Years’ experience of cooking experience
- Serve Safe Certified (not required but recommended)
- Team Oriented, with an ability to communicate and take instruction from executive or sous chef
- Willingness to lead and adapt to unexpected hospitality situations
- Available to work nights and weekends with variable hours a plus
- Reliable transportation
- Catering experience a plus
- Front-of-House service experience (not required but recommended)
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to the email address below.