Saloon in Davis Square is looking for a Guest Service Supervisor.
Position Overview/Objective: This position is responsible for ensuring that guests have the best possible experience at the restaurant, during regular dinner service and during private events. The ideal candidate has a thorough knowledge of restaurant operations and dining protocol, strong managerial and interpersonal skills, and a keen eye for detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Setting up and preparing the front desk prior to service, ensure that it is always organized and stocked with appropriate supplies for service.
- Help to ensure that the atmosphere of the restaurant is as it should be prior to opening and throughout service – lighting, music, flowers, candles, table settings, etc.
- Handle reservations and supervise the flow of seating and guest service in the restaurant
- Assist in the successful execution of private events
- Welcome and greet guests and escort them to their tables
- Gauge guest satisfaction throughout their time in the restaurant, listen to comments, feedback, compliments, and complaints. Convey important information to the appropriate parties such as special occasions, special requests, or any other issues.
- Promptly address guest complaints and issues; involve management when necessary to ensure the guest leaves the restaurant satisfied
- Responsible for opening, running, and closing side work
- Contribute to team effort, help other team members to accomplish related results
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures, standards and practices
- Perform other administrative duties and tasks as needed
Required Education and Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of food & beverage; and a strong desire to build upon this knowledge
- A high school diploma or equivalent, a bachelor’s degree in a related-field is preferred but not required
- 1-2 years of restaurant leadership experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education/experience
- Excellent speaking and oral communication skills
- Must maintain active TIPS, Chokesave, and Servsafe certifications
Work Environment: This position operates in a restaurant setting. The noise level is often loud, and the work station may be drafty due to its location. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping and tripping.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time, continuously reach, bend, and lift items up to 20 lbs. Must be able to talk, hear, and speak professionally in English.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This position regularly requires evenings and frequent weekend work.
EEO Statement: The Independent Restaurant Group owns and operates several locations throughout the Somerville area including: The Independent, Foundry on Elm, Saloon, The Rockwell and Vera’s. The Independent Restaurant Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to learn and advance.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reporting to: General Manager
Apply via the email address provided below.