RUKA is actively hiring part-time and full-time Hosts to join our team.
We are a Peruvian-Japanese restaurant and Located in Downtown Crossing. Our space is sexy, energetic, and vivid. RUKA was created with meaning behind every little detail, and our space is truly a work of art.
We are seeking enthusiastic, energetic, and team driven individuals who possess a calm composure and hold leadership qualities. The ideal candidate will naturally be creative, charismatic, pivotal, and detail oriented.
If you have been a guest with us before at RUKA or one our sister COJE restaurants, enjoyed your experience and what our group has to offer, we want to talk with you.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Sunday – Thursday 5 PM – 11 PM
Friday & Saturday 5 PM – 12AM
HOST DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrive to work promptly, and organize the host stand for success.
- Greeting every guest as they walk through the door with a warm welcome.
- Preassign all reservations for the evening to optimize seating and for equal workload on the staff.
- Answering & returning calls from guests, and effectively communicating any reservation information through our software and with managers.
- Knowledge of reservation policies, menu items and details behind RUKA and COJE Management Group.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Able to provide stellar customer service throughout your shift
- Positive attitude and team player to be able to work under pressure with our entire staff
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work on your feet for lengthy periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. On occasion.
- Able to operate software system on an iPad
- Open availability.
- Restaurant experience is a plus
Please send your resume to the email address below. Please include a fun/informative fact about yourself and a sentence or two about your most recent dining experience.