RUKA is actively hiring food runners to join our team. Sunday/Mondays are a must.
We are a Peruvian-Japanese restaurant and located in Downtown Crossing. Our space is sexy, energetic, and vivid. RUKA was created with meaning behind every little detail, and our space is truly a work of art.
We are seeking enthusiastic, energetic, and team driven individuals who possess a calm composure and hold leadership qualities. The ideal candidate will naturally be creative, charismatic, pivotal, detail oriented, and thrive in fast passed environments.
If you have been a guest with us before at RUKA or one our sister COJE restaurants, enjoyed your experience and what our group has to offer, we want to talk with you.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Sunday – Thursday 5 PM – 11 PM (last seating 10PM)
Friday & Saturday 5 PM – 12AM (last seating 1030PM)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrive to work promptly, freshly groomed and dressed to be on the floor
- Polish, restock, & replenish all silverware, glassware, plateware and to-go items
- Assist Servers with making the guest experience flow effortlessly. We don’t want our guests having to ask for the basics (water, soy, silverware, etc.)
- Ability to be acceptive of constructive criticism, as well as understand and follow direction from leaders and peers
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Able to provide stellar customer service throughout your shift
- Positive attitude and team player to be able to work under pressure with our entire staff
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work on your feet for lengthy periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. On occasion
- Open availability
- Restaurant experience is a plus
- Competitive pay + tips (weekly pay on Fridays)
- Accrued sick time
- Health Insurance (full time employees)
- Employee Dining Policy
- Furthering your own education
Please send your resume to the address below. Include a fun/informative fact about yourself and a sentence or two about your most recent dining experience.