Rowes Wharf Sea Grille is seeking a passionate hospitality professional; strengths in service, thorough knowledge of the guest’s experience, and exceptional Beyond Compare service attitude for the position of Barback at Rowes Wharf Bar at the Boston Harbor Hotel, Boston’s only Forbes Five-Star waterfront hotel. This position is responsible for assisting the Bartenders in all setup, maintenance, and cleanup of all bar areas.
Must have at least (1) or more years of experience, with a combination of previous Food & Beverage experience preferred.
The primary responsibilities for the Barback include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for issuing of liquor, dry goods, beer and wines to the bar
- Responsible for the cleanliness of bars, polishing glassware and the removal of garbage
- Preparation of juices and garnishes for the bar
- Assist cocktail servers in maintaining clean tables
- Assist with all bars being set up properly
- Ensures that all guests are treated in a professional manner
- Assists Bartender and servers with any needed items during service
- Assist Bartender with making cocktails during peak business periods
- Ensures that all bars are cleaned and properly stored after shifts
- Maintains a good working knowledge of all products used
- Ensures safety and sanitation guidelines are followed
In addition to performance of key responsibilities, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively with a team.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs + on a regular and continuous basis.
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage service