Boston Harbor Hotels is seeking a passionate hospitality professional; strengths in service, thorough knowledge of the guest experience, and exceptional Beyond compare service attitude, for the position of Assistant Restaurant Manager at the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille. The Assistant Restaurant Manager will lead the dining room, and oversee the flawless execution of superior service while ensuring all company policies and standards are met.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably specializing in Hospitality, Food & Beverage and or equivalent experience
- Must have at least two (2) or more years of strong Food & Beverage Supervisory and/or Management experience in a Full-Service Restaurant, with previous experience in a Luxury Environment preferred, or other related/equivalent field may be considered.
- Licenses or Certificates
- Preferably TIPS and ServSafe Certification
The primary responsibilities for the Assistant Restaurant Manager will include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Restaurant Management Team in leading the daily operations of the restaurant, while directing the day-to-day activities and assignments of the Front and Heart of the House staff.
- Organize and assist with conducting pre-shift and departmental meetings, communicating information to the team members, such as house count and menu changes.
- Assist with scheduling team members, therefore proper coverage is maintained to uphold
- Work seamlessly, collaboratively and in tandem with both the Restaurant General Manager and Restaurant Manager to create memorable dining experiences for our guests.
- Accurately execute all policies with improvement to quality, service and operations.
- Engage in ongoing development of Front of the House staff while holding the team accountable for performance and maintaining standards.
- Achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals; respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Ensure consistent adherence to Forbes Five-Star service and Boston Harbor Hotel brand standards, while elevating product and service.
- Must be present on the floor during peak business periods, to ensure guest satisfaction
- Consistently deliver high standards of care to existing customers and to promote further business by exceeding customer expectations where possible.
- Create an environment of engagement for team members, while being a liaison between team members and management.
- Assist the Restaurant Management Team with special projects as assigned.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities and supportive functions, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Requires a working knowledge of Full-Service Restaurant operations as well as luxury core standards, and standard operating procedures.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, along with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively lead and work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs + on a regular and continuous basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
- Must have experience in all Microsoft Office and industry relevant systems such as Micros.