Row 34 Boston is seeking a Fish Butcher, for full time employment. Row 34 strives to further the mission of Island Creek Oysters by serving the world’s finest oysters while having a damn good time doing it. As the Fish Butcher, you are responsible for supporting all aspects of culinary operations through daily butchering of fresh fish. The impact of this position in crucial in driving forward the restaurant’s daily menu and commitment to excellence. We make culinary decisions around product that is easy on the land, the sea and the communities surrounding them.
Qualified candidates are punctual, efficient and interested in developing as a butcher. IN this position, you will butcher whole fish, receive fish deliveries, manage walk in storage and enforce health and sanitation standards.
In order to thrive in this role you must:
- Convey a deep passion for food and seafood, as well the ability to inspire that passion in others
- Embrace the daily Row 34 menu, that communicates an extensive oyster program and fresh and local seafood.
- Invest in a meaningful relationships with the Back of House team members. They value relationships.
- Recognize that your success is directly correlated with your ability to facilitate success and growth for others.
- Evaluate Row 34 operations daily and seek to self improve, innovate and pursue excellence.
They seek to operate compelling, healthy restaurants that are always improving. This is a full time position. They are able to confirm a Monday-Friday work week, or Tuesday-Saturday work week for this position.
Summary of Compensation:
- Competitive Wage, with a discussion of Hourly Pay or Salary
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, Disability Coverage offered
- Paid Vacation
They will happily provide a complete job description on request.
Row 34 strives to further the mission of Island Creek Oysters by serving the world’s finest oysters while having a damn good time doing it. Row 34 is lead by Chef / Partner Jeremy Sewall who guides menu development through a deep knowledge of New England seafood, produce and seasonality. Located in Boston’s Fort Point neighborhood, Row 34 is open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week.
Apply to Chef Rob, at the address below.