The FOH manager provides leadership and direction to the FOH team to ensure day-to operations run smoothly. This position has a strong front of house presence and is responsible for ensuring hospitality, food, and service standards are met daily. This position also contributes to the long-term vision of the restaurant by providing insight, observations, and suggestions to build upon their success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Be present on the floor during peak service hours to ensure the smooth operations of the establishment
- Promote and encourage a “hospitality-first” atmosphere, going out of your way to meet and exceed guest expectations, take a proactive approach to resolving guest complaints
- Create and maintain a positive work culture that motivates and encourages employees to perform at their highest levels
- Participate in the training and development process of their employees including pre-shift meetings; identify training needs and work with management team to address
- Award employee accomplishments and provide regular performance feedback to direct reports to improve on existing skill sets
- Identify performance issues and work with management team to resolve; always addressing performance issues proactively and independently when appropriate
- Suggest methods to improve unit operations, efficiency and service to internal and external customers to increase sales and profitability
- Adhere to and enforce all company policies, procedures, standards and practices
- Ensure compliance with all state, local and federal laws
- Opening, closing, and other administrative duties as assigned
Work Environment: The work environment can be loud and busy. There are many hazards such as slippery floors, hot liquids and surfaces, and sharp objectives including knives.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing for long periods, walking, bending, kneeling and stooping. The employee must frequently lift or move items weighing over 20 pounds. The employee must be able to read, write and speak in professional English.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position which regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
EEO Statement: River Bar LLC is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to learn and advance.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, email your resume to the address provided below.