Filmark Hospitality Group is looking for a General Manager for Ristorante Lucia an established, 285 seat, full service Italian restaurant in Boston’s Historic North End. Candidates must be a restaurant and/or hotel professional with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality, staff management and guest satisfaction.
The ideal candidate has an exceptional knowledge of Italian food & beverage, creativity and flair, and an ability to lead, train and inspire a restaurant staff. Acting as “the face” of the restaurant, the primary responsibilities for this position are to develop relationships with guests while creating extraordinary experiences, manage and develop a team for the restaurant operation.
The General Manager should possess excellent communication skills and always appear calm and composed – especially in high pressure situations. They are expected to appear polished and professional at all times yet approachable to staff members and guests. This person should believe in leading by example; having a positive influence on employee behavior and staff morale by being a natural leader while still acting as a team player. Attention to detail and will play the most active roles constantly refining and defining our service. This opportunity also entails managing room service operations, catering and banquet functions.
- A minimum of 5 years restaurant / hospitality management experience
- At least of 3 as an Assistant General Manager, or currently a General Manager
- Must have experience within a restaurant, hotel, or other F&B unit with a similar capacity and clientele served.
- Event experience is preferred.
- Strong accounting and computer skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required.
- Ensure high standards of service at all times
- Help train, develop, and motivate staff
- Work cohesively with co-workers as a part of a team
- Must be able to assess and solve employee and / or departmental situations
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Be able to prioritize and organize
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of all unit menu information
- Ability to input and access information in management systems/computers
- Must be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all company policies/service procedures/standards
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Develop positive vendor relations
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of all work areas
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and company policies
- Ensure that assigned staffs have reported to work; document any late or absent employees
- Have a comprehensive working knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule, preparation, labor cost management, inventory control and hiring/counseling/termination policies
- Competitive compensation package and bonus
- Major medical insurance options
- Paid vacation
- Company Dining program
They’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at the Filmark Hospitality Group. They are more than just an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically celebrate the powerful and profound diversity of their team