Revco is currently rebranding from a traditional catering company into a high-growth start-up delivering gourmet prepared meals from coast to coast. Their rebrand will launch to the public early in 2022 and they need an Assistant Culinary Director & Lead Quality Assurance Chef for a Full-Time position in Woburn, MA.
So many people struggle figuring out what to have for dinner. The stress caused when deciding what to eat adds increased anxiety into your life, makes you feel physically worse, and likely to make unhealthy choices.
Their thoughtfully prepared meals not only relieve the physical tension that hunger is actually causing, but will improve your daily life by helping build healthy behaviors with food that reduces anxiety and even gets you your time back!
They’re on a mission to help Americans save over 1 billion minutes by 2030 because no one should stress over “what’s for dinner”!
What winning in this role looks like:
They are not looking for someone who is just looking for their next job. They are looking for someone who wants to grow into a key leader within their culinary program and sees themself as a professional chef with a keen eye for quality & consistency in large scale production.
- Shines as an outstanding communicator with a very approachable personality.
- Quality + Consistency at all costs. Their food must be delicious first. No shortcuts, only finding new & creative ways to execute game-changing food delivered in a box to someone’s doorstep.
- Excited to participate in menu & recipe development of an ever-evolving culinary program.
- Loves developing a small team into a larger, highly skilled team, capable of high-quality, large-scale production.
- Maintain flexibility & patience in an environment where change is taking place rapidly while adhering to self-imposed quality & consistency standards.
- Instinctually curious, wanting to learn, tinker, and test methods to achieve the best possible result.
- Enjoys critically thinking through recipes and processes to ensure their product translates into an excellent customer experience.
- Excited by the idea of creating shared content to be used internally and externally. Not afraid to put themselves in front of the team or the guest.
- Understands that “finding our flaws” to create a positive guest experience is a standard that they practice to ensure personal as well as professional growth.
- Can be a great listener as well as a participant in open forum discussions to help move the company forward.
- Confident, kind, and honest. Never rude, pushy, or condescending. Not scared to professionally hold yourself and your team accountable.
- Not afraid to stay until the job is done without hesitation.
The skills you need to win:
- 2+ years in a kitchen management, leadership, QA, or training role.
- A highly skilled communicator, teacher, and coach.
- Have a natural curiosity about cooking, service and the culture of food. About why things work…or don’t work!
- Growth Mindset. They take on a flexibility & growth mindset in their personal and professional lives. As a company in the start-up phase things can be chaotic and changing rapidly & without notice.
- Loves to cook, teach methods & techniques, and learn about the reasons behind why things are done a certain way.
- Possesses a strong desire to deeply & effectively listen to others.
- Ability to be extremely detail-oriented and critically think on your own two feet. Works clean and organized.
- Understands healthy conflict is necessary to achieve goals, results, and progress.
- Believes strongly in the importance of food safety and Covid-19 protocols. HACCP familiarity and knowledge is a plus.
- Passionate about their mission at Revco & Possesses a love of serving others.
About Revolution Catering:
- They’re a catering company who was founded in 2014. The pandemic has forced their business to change permanently and are beginning to rebrand while they dial in their focus on creating the best quality prepared meals available.
- They have 12 team members who are 100% dedicated to their mission.
- They have survived during the height of the pandemic by committing to a new mission and are laser-focused on helping people solve the dinner dilemma in their own lives!
- They believe in relentless forward progress.
- They closely follow Danny Meyer’s term Hospitalitarian. They excel at being friendly & generous towards everyone while also anticipating their needs.
And by the way, they’re not stuffy or corporate around here. Here are some of the perks and benefits at Revco:
This is a long-term position. The ideal fit is looking to make an impact and firmly plant themselves as a key leader with abundant upside as they grow.
- Salaried position. Up to $80K annually. Based on fit & experience.
- 2-Weeks of paid vacation year 1.
- Schedule flexibility for personal time & family obligations.
- Daytime hours and very limited weekend commitments are required. Rarely, if ever, is a night shift required. This position will follow a Mon-Fri 6 AM-2:00 PM Schedule 90% of the time.
- 401K w/ 4% Match after 1 year.
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Lunch is provided daily at their facility.
- Casual, upbeat, and fast-paced work environment.
They’re on a mission to help people solve the dinner dilemma and get their time back. Join them. Apply now via the link below!