Become part of Restaurant Associates, a name that has been synonymous with exciting restaurant concepts and high quality foodservice for over half a century. RA is a New York City leader in the foodservice industry for some of the nation’s premier museums, performing arts centers and corporate accounts. Restaurant Associates’ commitment to upscale dining has led the way to develop successful culinary programs. If you share our belief in the value of delivering Superior Quality Food and Delivery Hospitality Excellence, we invite you to learn more about Restaurant Associates’ dynamic select team of professionals. Come share your talents with one of the nations’ fastest-growing, multi-million dollar organizations.
Seeking performance driven Executive Chef leading high-tech partnership with a premier client in Cambridge, MA. This operation has 4-5 venues, onsite catering, and state of the art kitchens providing a fully-subsidized meal program complete with micro kitchens, espresso bars, and a new teaching kitchen.
- Plans regular and modified menus according to established guidelines
- Follows standardized recipes, portioning and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets.
- Tastes completed meals to ensure quality
- Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on Company and regulatory standards
- Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas. Ensures that kitchen staff follows and completes schedules as assigned
- Maintains inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed
- Makes all decisions regarding utilization of leftover food products staying within Company guidelines for such products
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits
- Follows facility, department, and Company safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting
- Participates and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate
- A.S. or equivalent experience
- 5 years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Extensive catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience – highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences
- Hands-on chef experience a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified – highly desirable