The Renaissance Club in Haverhill is looking to fill a variety of FOH and BOH positions in addition to the Executive Chef position outlined below
Celebrate Life, Elevated
At Southworth Development, they have earned a reputation for stability, integrity, innovation, and providing great value. Their clubs and communities provide the perfect place to celebrate life, elevated.
No matter the role (operations, marketing, sales, or other corporate support position) or location (The Abaco Club, Creighton Farms, Machrihanish Dunes, Meredith Bay, Renaissance, Willowbend, or Southworth Corporate) team members provide exceptional service that elevates the experience for members, residents, guests, and team. They encourage all of their team members to celebrate life, elevated by offering a wide variety of benefit and engagement programs, unique perks, discounts, and fun at a world-class company.
The Renaissance Club is looking for a highly energetic and creative Executive Chef to lead the culinary function at Renaissance Club for all outlets: the Grille Room, Snack Bar, Pool-side dining, and banquets. This individual will dare to be different, unleashing their talent and creativity to implement a truly unique and culinary experience for private Club members and guests through incredible food and distinctive programming. They expect the Executive Chef to be a visible, approachable, and professional representative of the Club, and serve as a leader, teacher, and coach to the Culinary Team. This individual will also work together with the Renaissance operations team to ensure the consistent execution of incredible moments and experiences: this individual sets the stage for extraordinary dining at the Renaissance Club.
The Executive Chef must play to win, as they will have overall responsibility and accountability for food and beverage sales, COGS, expenses, and profit goals as outlined in the operating plan and budget. Through innovative execution of the role, this individual will seek ways to further build community at the Club with exciting vendor partnerships and enhanced local ties. While direct experience and knowledge of culinary arts is required, to be successful, the individual must demonstrate a successful track record of creative, unique, and high-end menu creation, food preparation and presentation, and demonstrate a passion for implementing incredible food and beverage offerings that will elevate the Renaissance experience.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- ServSafe or equivalent certification required
- Culinary Arts degree from an accredited school or apprenticeship program or equivalent experience required
- Minimum five (5) years experience as Chef of full service, clubhouse, or similar restaurant required
- Minimum eight (8) years of diversified kitchen and hospitality industry experience including banquet and a la carte operations
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience required
- Hospitality or private Club experience preferred
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least fifty (50) pounds, and prolonged instances of standing/walking
- The position will be based at Haverhill, MA
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
Duties and Functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement programming and activations to engage with club members to drive satisfaction
- Maintain knowledge and familiarity of current culinary trends while keeping an eye to the future (i.e., what’s new and what’s next)
- Work closely with Front of House leadership and staff to help drive delivery of incredible service experience through knowledge of menu items, ingredients, and story of available items
- Assist in identifying potential income generating opportunities from experiential culinary offerings
- Hire, train and maintain kitchen staff
- Ensure high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen, storage, and dumpster areas at all times.
- Ensure high quality of food production to elevate member/guest experience and ensure satisfaction.
- Prepare and produce all menu items making sure that food items are prepared according to standard recipes and are presented to standards established by
- Renaissance to ensure member/guest satisfaction.
- Development of on-property Chef’s garden
- Create / host Chef’s nights, special member dining events, culinary classes
- Instruct ware washers in details of using dishwashing machine to ensure high quality of sanitation standards.
- Develop club dining outlet, member function and private function menus and daily specials
- Assume responsibility as the kitchen supervisor during all meal periods
- Maintaining food cost and conduct monthly food inventory process.
- Maintain kitchen labor budget and other expenses
- Work with the service staff to improve speed and consistency of food service relating to food pick up
- Maintaining a safe work environment in all kitchen areas.
- Maintain and assume responsibility for food and beverage sales, cost of goods sold, expenses, and profit goals as outlined in the Food & Beverage operating Plan/Budget.
- Operate within all established guidelines, policies, standards and constraints as set by Renaissance and Southworth Development.
As a Southworth Development Leader:
- Display exceptional service and problem resolution skills at all times
- Demonstrate a warm, friendly, professional demeanor at all times
- Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills; able to effectively listen to, understand, and respond to resident, member, guest and Team Member questions or requests
- Function as a highly visible coach and role-model
- Demonstrate flexibility; schedule changes may be required by business demand and/or required meetings and trainings
- Demonstrate the ability to balance competing priorities in a high-volume, fast-paced environment and demonstrate appropriate time management at all times
- Comply with all Departmental, Property, and Corporate Standards and Regulations set forth, so as to encourage safe, efficient, and service-focused operations
PROPERTY: Renaissance Club
REPORTS TO: General Manager
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Team Member occupying this position. Team Members will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
For consideration, send your resume to the email address provided below.