Rebel Rebel, the James Beard-nominated natural wine bar in Somerville’s Union Square, is hiring a Lead Sommelier/Wine Director to helm their team. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and creative, outside-the-box thinker with an undying passion for natural wine.
This team member will develop and maintain a leading-edge, mission-driven wine program. You’ll work closely with the Founder and other members of management to establish a dynamic program that suits the current and future goals of the business. You’ll take the lead on setting and maintaining standards of radically inclusive hospitality, and you’ll train new team members on these standards. You’ll contribute to brand awareness and company messaging, marketing campaigns, and outreach by creating and assisting with communication and events programming.
As a member of management, you’ll also participate in values-driven decision-making and goal-setting for the organization. Along with other members of management, you act in place of ownership when ownership is not present, and you coach the team on effective teamwork, communication, and best practices. You help set a standard of radically inclusive hospitality.
You report directly to the Founder.
You’ll be joining a small team of dedicated professionals who embody integrity in the workplace and for whom mutual respect is a non-negotiable requirement for effective teamwork.
Historically, this role earns $75,000.00 annually. This is a full-time position that requires 40 hours per week, including 4 bar shifts and one daytime administrative shift.
- Full health insurance compensation.
- 2 weeks paid vacation in January with the opportunity to take additional time off as coverage allows.
- Business closure on all major holidays.
- Manageable hours with a predictable schedule.
- Professional development in the form of bi-monthly restorative leadership trainings with Business Casual.
- Quarterly check-ins to review development and needs. Annual check-ins to review compensation.
- Paid work-related education travel opportunities.
- Quarterly team retreats (ie: a tour of the Island Creek Oyster Farm followed by a day at the IC Raw Bar).
- Opportunities to grow with the company.
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below.