Rebecca’s Culinary Group is rooted in a love for great food! As a result of this love and an amazing team of talented, creative, and dedicated people, we grew to be Boston’s #1 caterer!
Rebecca’s is growing our team and seeking an experienced First Cook to lead the food production of our Catering division. Under the supervision of the Executive Chef and Sous Chef, the First Cook will oversee the preparation and consistency of high level, quality freshly made food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including drop off and full-service catering. Under the direction of the Executive Chef and Sous Chef, the First Cook is flexible; open-minded and confident to take over any section of the kitchen operation at any time.
- Requires knowledge in cooking techniques, complete familiarity with kitchen operation and procedures.
- Demonstrate a leadership style conducive to exceeding standards and maximizing crew retention.
- Have strong time management skills.
- Implement procedures which assure high quality food is being produced.
- Supervising and handling kitchen inventory
- Maintains a sanitary kitchen in accordance with HAACP program.
- Ensures cost, portion, and labor controls are being maintained.
- Create a culture of productivity and enthusiasm, working as a team.
- Organized with strong communication abilities.
- Assist in any aspect of the kitchen operation to ensure successful completion of orders.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Demonstrated success in kitchen in high quality restaurant or cafe.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of working experience as a Lead Line Cook, Cook, or a similar role preparing hot food, pantry, ala carte, and catered food in a high-volume food service operation.
- Knowledge of State/Federal health and safety codes and regulations pertaining to food service operations, safe operation of commercial food service equipment, including deep fryers, ovens, cooktops, slicers etc
- Serve Safe Certification and Allergen Awareness recommended.
- Knowledge of HAACP sanitation program
- Bilingual would be a plus but not necessary.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive Pay based on experience and skill set.
- Full Time
- Range: $21 – $23 / Hour
- PTO – Vacation/ Sick/ Holidays
- 401(k) matching
- FSA/HSA Health Savings
- Hearing / Vision
WORK ENVIROMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS
- Work is performed in a commercial food service kitchen operation as well as in a client facing preparation of quick order stations campus dining environment.
- Exposure to noise and temperature extremes.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and lift heavy objects up to 40 pounds.
Rebecca’s Culinary Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran.
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below.