The Encore Boston Harbor General Manager will manage the daily operations of their designated restaurant. The General Manager is responsible for operating the outlet efficiently within pre-established cost controls; managing, scheduling and training restaurant staff monitoring staff performance, maintaining the department in accordance with Health Department standards; and ensuring customer satisfaction through application of outlet and Encore service standards. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: the management of the restaurant strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Encore Boston Harbor strategy; maximizing opportunities for restaurant and company success; maintaining all Encore Standards: and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
- Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and restaurant standards are implemented and applied.
- Manages short-and long-term restaurant goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Manages the restaurant performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of restaurant policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Manages the performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors all activities of the restaurant to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Ensures restaurant delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with team members within the restaurant and with other restaurants as appropriate to ensure property wide communication.
- Responsible for hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the restaurant. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback to team members within area of responsibility. Creates a motivating environment.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the restaurant and makes recommendations designed to maximize restaurant and company success.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, which will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team member, with all Encore contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding communities as an ambassador of the Encore brand.
- Operates the restaurant efficiently within pre-established cost controls.
- Establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates
- Ensure staff are diligent in their opening and closing procedures and that the facility is always correctly prepared.
- Check environmental elements including sound, lighting and temperatures are always correctly set. • Conduct effective shift briefings ensuring all staff are aware of VIPs, special occasions, daily specials, product features and property-wide events.
- Encourage and motivate staff to provide optimum service during all shifts. • Share recommendations and guest comments to the Director of Restaurants to reflect guest feedback.
- Resolves guest’s complaints and team member difficulties.
- Controls purchases and inventory by reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Works closely with the Director of Beverage & Cocktails and the Director of Wine to ensure philosophy and execution of these programs is aligned.
- Works with the Food & Beverage Training Manager to ensure all ongoing Training Certifications are upheld and the restaurant is compliant with all departmental standards.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows restaurant and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Age, Gaming and Certifications: 21 years of age or above.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any licensing or active work cards required, including but not limited to the Food Manager Certification and alcohol awareness card.
- Education and/or Experience: High School degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s Degree in hotel and restaurant management or a related field; or equivalent experience preferred. Minimum 5 years of full-service restaurant experience required, 3 years in a leadership role preferred.
- Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in POS Systems, Purchasing Software, Warehouse Requisition Software, Time-Keeping Software and Microsoft Office
- Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
- Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.
Apply online via the link provided below.